FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 25, 2018
Changes Coming to NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center Construction Site Beginning June 4, 2018
The project site at 25 South Street will expand into Lincoln Street beginning June 4, 2018.
This will cause the following changes effective Monday, June 4, 2018:
- The east bound lanes Lincoln Street between South Street and William Street will be closed for the remainder of the summer.
- Lincoln Street will become a one way street from South Street heading west to William Street.
- CENTRO will be relocating their local bus transfer station from Lincoln Street down to Dill Street. This is a permanent move for CENTRO.
- The intersection at Lincoln Street and William Street remains marked with stop signs at all 4 directions.
- There will be no east bound traffic allowed on to Lincoln Street from William Street.
- Those using the Downtown Parking Garage will have to enter Lincoln Street from South Street. They will have to exit the garage turning west on Lincoln Street and out the William Street intersection.
- This traffic pattern will remain through most of the summer months. Later in the summer is when street work on Lincoln Street and the 2 intersections will begin.
- Complete information on the project is online at AuburnNY.gov/welcomecenter
- Complete information on parking in downtown Auburn is online at AuburnNY.gov/parking
For more information please contact:
Charles Mason, City Clerk, City of Auburn, NY
Memorial City Hall, 24 South St. Auburn, NY 13021