For Immediate release: December 12, 2018
Memorial City Hall Elevator to be Replaced
As of Wednesday, December 12, 2018 the Memorial City Hall Elevator will be out of service for permanent replacement. According to our contractor Bouley Associates of Auburn, the suspension of elevator service will be for approximately 3 months.
The City Hall elevator is in a modernization process which will include the replacement of the 1930 original relays and switchgear and install new solid state circuitry, which will result in more dependable and energy efficient elevator service.
A temporary accessible ramp has been erected at the front of the City Hall building to provide additional access to the first floor offices. There will be dedicated handicap parking along the street opposite the front entrance.
The Basement Offices will still be accessible from the rear accessible entrance. City Hall patrons that are unable to utilize the stairs to seek access to the second and third floor offices are advised to call ahead or call upon your arrival and special arrangements will be made to provide service to them.
We appreciate your patience during our elevator modernization project.
City Hall Departments, for assistance please call:
- Basement Code Enforcement Office use back entrance 315-255-4110
- 1st floor Treasurer’s Office use front entrance or please call 315-255-4143
- 1st floor City Clerk Office use front entrance or please call 315-255-4100
- 1st floor Mayor’s Office use front entrance or please call 315-255-4104
- 2nd floor Corporation Counsel Office please call 315-255-4176
- 2nd floor Planning and Economic Development please call 315-255-4115
- 2nd floor City Manager’s Office please call 315-255-4146
- 3rd floor Engineering Office please call 315-255-4129
- 3rd floor Assessor’s Office please call 315-255-4125