Road Improvement Program Construction Begins...
Beginning Monday, May 18, 2015 Paul F. Vitale Inc. will begin Phase III of the 2014 Road Improvement Program. Work will begin on the following streets:
Street Name: From: To:
1.) Orchard St James St Railroad Tracks
2.) Jefferson St Genesee St Orchard St
3.) Washington St Genesee St Orchard St
4.) Madison Ave Jefferson St Baker Ave
The contractor will put forth effort to minimize impact on the traveling public but please expect delays during this road construction.
North Street Construction Begins...
- The New York State Department of Transportation has notified the City that work will begin to repave a section of State Route 34 in Auburn known as North Street between the intersections of the Arterial East to Seymour Street. The NYS DOT plans to begin repaving work in early June 2015. Between now and then City work crews will be in the affected area replacing storm drains, utility covers, etc.
South Street Construction Continues...
For Immediate Release - May 2015
The following work will begin 5-4-2015 on the South Street repaving:
• Preparing the roadway surface (milling)
• Placing blacktop over the entire project.
• Traffic will be maintained during this period but delays should be expected. All home and business owners will be notified by the contractor as to how this work will impact parking.
• When Phase I of the repaving is complete further adjustments will be made to manholes and drop inlets. It is estimated that Phase II, the final top course of blacktop will be placed in early June. There will be other incidental work, traffic signals, topsoil and seeding, striping, limited sidewalk work and cleaning the drainage system. This work will have limited to no impact on the traveling public.
• Work on the project should be complete by the end of July
For more information contact:
William Lupien, City of Auburn, Superintendent of Engineering
Stephen Olschewske, Resident Engineer, C & S Companies