The Live Stream Construction Camera is Temporarily Out of Order.
Job Posting, October 2, 2018
The NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center, located at 25 South Street in downtown Auburn, NY is hiring part-time and seasonal Operations Team Members for the opening of the NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center in the fall of 2018. Come be part of Auburn's new premier attraction that will serve as the hub for all of our historic, cultural and tourism sites. We're looking for passionate, hard-working, enthusiastic people that love helping others and ensuring their
experience visiting Auburn is the absolute best possible. We love Auburn, we love NY, we love what we do and have fun doing it! Click here to download the job posting PDF.
Project site and contractor emergency contacts click here.
Latest Construction News:
The NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center project site at 25 South Street will expand into Lincoln Street beginning Monday, July 23, 2018. The east half of Lincoln Street within the project site will be closed until further notice.
This will cause the following changes effective Monday, July 23, 2018:
• Lincoln Street will be closed on the east side of the project site.
• There will be no west bound traffic allowed on to Lincoln Street from South
Street. Rather traffic will be detoured around the block.
• The intersection at Lincoln Street and William Street remains marked with stop
signs at all 4 directions.
• The west side of Lincoln Street on the project site will be open for access to the
upper levels of the downtown parking garage only. All users of the upper levels
of the garage will need to enter and exit via William Street until further notice.
• The lower levels of the garage will remain open. To access the lower levels
users will use the William street exit, which will be converted to 2 way access
during this construction period.
• This traffic pattern will remain through the next few weeks. The upper levels of the garage will offer free parking while this construction is taking place
• Complete information on the project is online at AuburnNY.gov/welcomecenter
• Complete information on parking in downtown Auburn is online at
For more information please contact:
Charles Mason, City Clerk, City of Auburn, NY
Memorial City Hall, 24 South St. Auburn, NY 13021
Media Release (May 4, 2018):
Mayor Quill and NYS Parks Commissioner Harvey Announce:
The NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center Project Description:
Construction of the new NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center in downtown Auburn will begin in February 2018. As part of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Central New York Upstate Revitalization Initiative, this investment of $10 million will create over 100 construction jobs and will support and boost upstate New York’s tourism industry. The center is scheduled to open in October 2018. The project will result in the following downtown revitalization investments:
- Construction of the new NYS Equal Rights Heritage Welcome Center that will have 3 main components: ~I Love NY Equal Rights Heritage Tourism Promotion Center; a Taste NY Market; and a local tourism promotion/visitor information center for Auburn, Cayuga County and the region.
- Reconstruction of Lincoln Street to increase pedestrian safety and accessibility at the William Street and South Street intersections designed to make a strong pedestrian connection between downtown and the historic district.
- Security and signage upgrades to the site and the downtown parking garage.
- The facility will house the offices of the Cayuga County Office of Tourism, the Auburn Downtown Business Improvement District and the Auburn Historic & Cultural Sites Commission.
NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center Site Plan:
NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center Contractor List
- Design Contractor, nARCHITECTS, Brooklyn, NY
- General Contractor, FAHS Construction Group, Binghamton, NY
- Construction Inspection, Popli Design Group, Syracuse, NY
- Electrical Contractor, J & E Electric, Auburn, NY
- Plumbing Contractor, Siracusa Mechanical, Inc., Auburn, NY
- Mechanical Contractor, HMI Mechanical Systems, Waterloo, NY
- Exhibit Construction Contractor, Hadley Exhibits, Inc., Buffalo, NY
View the Governor's announcement here: NY.gov
Media contact: Please contact Chuck Mason, City Clerk, Memorial City Hall, 24 South Street, Auburn, NY 13021. ph: 315-255-4100