DOWNTOWN PARKING GARAGE
Safe, undercover parking is available at the Auburn Downtown Parking Garage. This is located on Lincoln Street in between the Exchange Street Plaza and William Street. The Auburn Downtown Parking Garage is open Monday through Friday from 6 am to 7pm with an attendant on the premises.
Please see the Parking Garage Rate Sheet for prices. (Please note new parking rates that include 2-hour free parking in the upper levels of the Downtown Parking Garage take effect July 1, 2017) Questions, comments, or concerns about the Downtown Parking Garage can be referred to the Superintendent of Public Works, Mike Talbot, at 315-255-4728.
ON STREET PARKING
On-street parking is available in Downtown Auburn with a two-hour time limit. Parking meters and kiosks are used to monitor these spaces. Metered parking is enforced Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm. Metered parking is currently at a rate of $1. per hour.
DOWNTOWN PARKING KIOSKS
- Operation of these machines is simple if you remember a few things
1) Start to put your coin into the money slot until you hear/ feel the machine accepting it, then let it take your coin
2) After inserting all coins, don’t forget to press the green receipt button and wait for your receipt to be printed (it may take a few seconds)
3) You will see the receipt fall next to the receipt door,
4) Machine does not take Canadian coin
5) Do not keep putting money in one coin right after another — wait till you see your money being credited before you put more in
6) Do not use a long term kiosk receipt for on-street parking — you will be ticketed by meter enforcement because on-street parking has a maximum time limit of 2 hrs.
- You may use any of the kiosks to obtain a parking receipt to park anywhere downtown.
- Display your parking receipt on your dashboard so parking enforcement can see it.
- If a kiosk appears to be in operational, please use the next nearest kiosk.
- There is a minimum deposit of $0.25 for kiosk parking.
- Electronic meters only accept quarters.
- There is a two hour maximum time limit, citywide, for metered parking
- Report any problems to the Parking Dept.
DOWNTOWN PARKING GARAGE
- Discount parking rates are available for roof top/ open-air parking spaces.
- Discount parking rates are available if you purchase parking in 3, 6, 12 month intervals.
- Patrolled, safe parking for customers.
- Provides long term parking for Centro bus customers who wish to leave their vehicle in a safe location.
- Security cameras in certain locations around garage.
- Provides convenient parking for Cayuga County jurors and Grand Jury jurors.
- Convenient parking for Lattimore Hall residents.
- Handy parking for YMCA customers, downtown businesses, and tourists.
- Handicap spaces conveniently located, as well as an elevator for expediency.
- Business owners can purchase coupons for the garage for their customers, in order to offer a “free parking” perk to their customers.
- Bicyclists, skateboarders, rollerblades, and roller-skates are not allowed in the Auburn Parking Garage due to safety issues.