The Office of the City Clerk is located on the first floor at Memorail City Hall, 24 South Street, Auburn, NY 13021. Office hours are 8 a.m. through 4 p.m.
The fee for a new Marriage License is $40. and includes one certified copy of your marriage certificate once you are married. Additional certified copies of your marriage certificate are $10. per certified copy.
A couple must make an appointement with the City Clerk's office to obtain a new Marriage License. To make an appointment call 315-255-4100.
Each individual in the couple will need to bring the following required documentation with you to your appointment:
To provide proof of your age, one of the following:
- certified copy of your birth certificate (no photocopies accepted)
- baptismal certificate (no photocopies accepted)
- naturalization record (no photocopies accepted)
To provide proof of your identity, one of the following (no photocopies accepted):
- Driver's license
- Employment picture ID
- Immigration record
To provide proof of how previous marriage ended:
- all previous certified divorce decrees
- certified death certificate of the deceased spouse