EMTs and Paramedics
The City of Auburn located in Cayuga County in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of Central New York, is seeking qualified candidates to fill approximately 25 positions of EMTs and Paramedics for its newly created ambulance service.
The appointees will be required to enter credentials in an online web-portal for a Civil Service Training & Experience verification for the position at some time in the future. The appointment will only become permanent upon successful completion of the online verification.
- EMT $16 - $20 per hour*
- Paramedic $22 - $29 per hour*
- *Based on experience. Plus enrollment in New York State Local and State Retirement System and other benefits.
- Yet to be determined
- Potentially both Full-time and Part-time hours available
EMT MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
High school graduate or equivalency and:Possession of a current certification from the New York State Department of Health as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B).
1. Candidates must meet age requirements as specified in NYS Emergency Medical Services Code, Section 800.40
2. Possession of current CPR card.
3. Possession of NYS Driver License.
4. An appointing authority may require candidates to pass a qualifying medical and drug-screening test in order to be appointed.
5. Pass Physical Ability test and meet the physical demands commensurate of the position.
6.Medical Skills evaluation
PARAMEDIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
One-year experience as a New York State Paramedic with ACLS
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT FOR APPOINTMENT:
1. Possession of current CPR card.
2. Possession of NYS Driver License.
3.An appointing authority may require candidates to pass a qualifying medical and drug-screening test in order to be appointed.
4.Pass Physical Ability test and meet the physical demands commensurate of the position.
5.Medical Skills evaluation
Please send completed applications to:
Auburn Civil Service Commission
24 South Street, Room 208
Auburn, NY 13021
or, by email to: Jeffrey Whiting, email@example.com
SUBJECT: EMT and Paramedic application
Applications available online here:
Please call Jeffrey Whiting in the Civil Service office with any questions.