At the August 26th City Council meeting City Manager Jeff Dygert provided the City Council with an update on the new Auburn City Ambulance department. The new City of Auburn run Auburn City Ambulance department will begin operations by November 1, 2021. As part of the presentation the manager introduced Kezia Sullivan, the new Director of Operations for the Auburn City Ambulance.
The City Manager provided the following update:
- Director of Operations Kezia Sullivan hired and started on August 17th.
- Five ambulances ordered, two will be delivered in two weeks
- Five Lifepak 15 Cardiac Monitors, Stryker Power Lift Stretchers, Stryker Power Load Systems, and Stryker Power Stair Chairs have been ordered.
- Five Panasonic Toughbook Tablets ordered (Medical Reporting/MDT)
- Request for Proposals being completed for Ambulance Billing Companies.
- Medical equipment and supplies to stock ambulances being ordered.
- Uniform Specifications Finalized.
- Paramedic/EMT Application Deadline for the first round of interviews set for August 27th at 4:00 pm.
- Auburn City Ambulances entered into the Cayuga County 911 CAD, with meeting set up September 10th to finalize dispatch procedures.
- NYS Department of Health (DOH) paperwork being completed (Controlled Substances/Agency Certification/Ambulance Certifications).
Watch the presentation here: