Please join us to ﬁnd out more about HABs and other water quality issues aﬀecting our Finger Lakes.
Bob Brower Scientiﬁc Symposium
March 7, 2020, 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. to be held at the Main Stage at Auburn Public Theater, 8 Exchange Street, Auburn, NY. This event is free and open to the public.
- Status of Owasco Lake ‐ 2019, Dr. John Halfman, Professor of Environmental Studies, Finger Lakes Institute at Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
- NYS DEC's HAB Monitoring and Mitigation Eﬀorts, Dr. Lewis McCaﬀrey ‐ NYS DEC Finger Lakes HUB.
- Micro‐Pollutant Research in the Finger Lakes, Dr. Teng Zeng ‐ Syracuse University Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- Erosion and Nutrient Control Projects in the Owasco Lake Watershed, Doug Kierst, Executive Director, Cayuga County Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Agricultural Community's Eﬀorts to Improve Water Quality, Partners for Healthy Watersheds.
- Invasive Species Education Station ‐ Michele Wunderlich, Cayuga County Department of Planning
- Finger Lakes Museum, Debbie Lyon, Branchport, NY
Event Co‐Sponsored by:
- Owasco Watershed Lake Association (OWLA),
- Cayuga County Water Quality Management Agency (WQMA),
- Owasco Lake Watershed Management Council,
- Partners for Healthy Watersheds,
- Save Owasco Now,
- Finger Lakes Institute at Hobart & William Smith Colleges,
- Finger Lakes Museum,
- Upstate Freshwater Institute,
- Skaneateles Lake Association.