Who is eligible to obtain a birth certificate copy?
- The person named on the birth certificate
- A parent of the person named on the birth certificate (requesting parent's name must be on the birth certificate)
- Only by order of a New York State Court may a spouse, child or other persons obtain a copy of a birth certificate
- For more information go to: NYS Department of Health
Can I obtain a copy of a birth certificate online?
- Yes! Go to VitalChek and follow the instructions.
What kind of identification do I need?
- One of the following:
- Driver's License Photo ID
- Non-Driver's Photo ID Card
- Employment Photo ID
What if I do not have any of those forms of ID?
- You will need to provide two of the following that have your current name and address on them:
- Utility or telephone bills
- Letter from a government agency dated within the last six (6) months
What is the fee?
The fee is $10.00 for each copy and may be paid by a personal check, or a money order made payable to the City of Auburn.
Where do I mail the request?
Memorial City Hall
24 South Street
Auburn, NY 13021