NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the City of Auburn Zoning Board of Appeals on Monday, June 22, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at Memorial City Hall, 24 South St. The hearing will be conducted in accordance with the regulation of section 305.14 of the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Auburn.
On March 13, 2020, the Governor of the State of New York issued Executive Order No. 202.1 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which suspended the NYS Open Meetings Law, in order to allow local governing bodies to close meetings to the public, and this order also allows local officials to meet remotely by conference call or similar service; and on April 9, 2020, Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order No. 202.15 in further response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, which prohibited any in-person public hearings, with the exception that such public hearings be allowed by telephone or video conference; and on June 6, 2020, and June 7, 2020, the prior Executive Orders were subsequently extended by Executive Order Nos. 202.38 and 202.39, such that all Open Meetings and Public Hearings continue to be prohibited until July 6, 2020. Therefore, due to the COVID-19 pandemic Memorial City Hall and this Zoning Board of Appeals meeting will be closed to physical attendance from members of the public and this meeting will be held by teleconference from the Council Chambers at Memorial City Hall, 24 South Street, Auburn, NY 13021.
Residents that would like to participate in this Zoning Board of Appeals public hearing should click here for teleconference registration information to the meeting. All participants must register to participate by 6:00 p.m. on Monday, June 22, 2020. Those residents that do not have access to the internet may contact the Auburn City Clerk, Chuck Mason, by phone at 315-255-4101 and the City Clerk will assist you with registering for the teleconference. This Zoning Board of Appeals meeting will be live-streamed via the City of Auburn’s website at www.AuburnNY.gov/Livestream
- 6 Lexington Ave R1 zoning district. Use Variance for a commercial business located in an R1, single family residential district. – Tabled from 1/27/2020, 2/24/2020, and 6/1/2020
- 7 Ward Lane R1 zoning district. Area Variance for 24’ x 24’ garage, 217 sqft over the allowed maximum square footage. Applicant- Denise Moniz. Tabled from 6/1/2020
- 160 Grant Ave HC zoning district. Five (5) Area Variances all related to the proposed sign package for the property. Applicant – Sign and Lighting Services, LLC
- 67 Standart Ave R1 zoning district. 2 (two) Area Variances for the placement of a 24’ round above ground pool. Applicant – Stephen and JoAnn Montgomery.
- 23 Barber St R2 zoning district. Five (5) Area Variances to convert structure from a single family home to a three-family home. Applicant – Testa Law Firm.
- 35-37 Hamilton Ave R1 zoning district. Area Variance of 8’ 8” over the required 18’ parking space for front yard parking. Applicant- James Scala.
- Any other matters that may be properly brought before the Board.
Public Hearings provide residents the opportunity to give input on subject matters and will be conducted for agenda items which have not previously had the benefit of a public hearing. For agenda items where a public hearing has previously been opened, conducted and closed no further public hearing will be held. More information about the matters listed above may be obtained from the Office of Corporation Counsel or the Code Enforcement Office. Agenda subject to change without notice.