The City of Auburn has announced a public comment period will be held from June 12, 2020 through June 30, 2020 to receive public input on the future Public Safety Building that will be built at city-owned property located at 31 Seminary Street.
PROJECT SITE: The project site is located at 31 Seminary Street which sits at the intersection of Seminary Street and Nelson Street in the City of Auburn. The property neighbors the Willard Memorial Chapel of 17 Nelson Street on the north boundary, and the former Sav-a-lot plaza to the west.
PROJECT DESIGN TEAM: The City of Auburn Public Safety Building project team includes city staff with representatives from the engineering, city manager, fire and planning departments, as well as, the Mayor’s Office. In January of 2020 the City of Auburn has hired Hueber-Breuer Construction Company, Inc. of Syracuse NY to be the construction administration and management firm for this project and in February of 2020 the City hired Bivens + Associates Architects of Syracuse, NY to be the design firm on record for the project.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD JUNE 12, 2020 THROUGH JUNE 30, 2020 FOR PROJECT DESIGN:
In person viewing of the design plan: The proposed site plan and 60% Building Design Drawing will be on display in the windows at the building on the site located at 31 Seminary Street along with directions for the public on how they can submit their comments.
Viewing on the City website: all information for this project will be available at: www.AuburnNY.gov/PSB
- View the Public Safety Building site plan here (PDF).
- View the 60% Building Design Drawing here (PDF).
- View the Presentation Slides Presented to City Council on June 11, 2020 (PDF)
- Watch the Public Safety Building Design Team Presentation at the Auburn City Council's June 11, 2020 Meeting (Video)
Public comments are encouraged to be submitted as soon as possible beginning June 12, 2020 and no later than 5 p.m. on June 30, 2020.
The public may submit comments on the Public Safety Building project in the following manner:
- Email your written comments to [email protected]
- Direct mail your written comments via the U. S. Postal Service addressed to the City Manager’s Office, Attn: Public Safety Building Public Comments, Memorial City Hall, 24 South Street, Auburn, NY 13021.
- Drop off your written comments using the drop box on the front or back entrance of Memorial City Hall, addressed to the City Manager’s Office, Attn: Public Safety Building Public Comments, 24 South Street, Auburn, NY 13021.
- Call the Office of City Manager and leave your comments via voice mail at 315-255-4146.
Complete information for the Public Safety Building Project is available at: www.AuburnNY.gov/PSB
This project has been funded in part by the Climate Smart Community Grant Program, Title 15 of the Environmental Protection Fund through the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation