COVID Pandemic Assistance - Homeowner Assistance Fund
The New York State Homeowner Assistance Fund is a program which can provide assistance to homeowners who are behind on mortgage payments, taxes and utility bills. The City of Auburn's housing partner Home Headquarters is a NYS certified Homeowner Protection Program (HOPP) partner and can assist our residents through this process. View the NYS Homeowner Assistance Fund poster (PDF)
Community Development Block Grant
Mortgage Assistance and Home Repair Assistance programs are available to assist low-moderate income homeowners and first-time homebuyers in the City of Auburn.
Mortgage Assistance Program
- For first time homebuyers in the City of Auburn.
- Applicants must meet income guidelines, be pre-approved by a lending institution, and complete an approved homebuyer’s education course.
- Up to $3,000 maybe available to a homebuyer for down payment or closing cost assistance.
Foreclosure Prevention Program
- Information, workshops and counseling are available for how can you AVOID FORECLOSURE.
- Download the 2020 Foreclosure Prevention Program Poster (PDF)
Home Repair Assistance Program
- Low interest (0% to 3%) loan available to qualified income eligible homeowners and investors. Loan term negotiable up to 25 years.
- Loan funds are used to address code violations, exterior improvements, emergency repairs and energy efficiency projects on the property.
- Homsite Fund, Inc. provides construction management for the program.
- Emergency Home Repair Assistance Program also available for emergency repairs up to $5,000. Must have exhausted all other resources.
- All applicants must meet federal income limits for eligibility: Income Limits
- Emergency Home Repair Assistance Program also available for emergency repairs up to $5,000 and must have exhausted all other resources.
- Download the Home Repair Assistance Program Poster (PDF)
- For more information please contact:
Homsite Fund, Inc. www.homsite.org
60 Clark Street
Auburn, NY 13021
Ph. (315) 253-8451
Covid-19 Housing Repair Program
- If you are a homeowner in the City of Auburn with an emergency home repair whose income has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic the COVID-19 Home Repair Program may be able to help.
- Emergency repairs include furnace and electrical repairs, sewer or plumbing emergencies & more.
- This program has income eligibility requirements. You will need to make an appointment with Cayuga County Homsite to apply, contact by phone 315-253-8451. www.homsite.org
- Download the COVID-10 Housing Repair Program Poster
Real Property Tax Exemption for Capital Improvements
- Section 421-f of the Real Property Tax Law authorizes a partial exemption from real property taxation of the increases in assessed value attributable to reconstruction, alterations or improvements.
- Property must be a one or two family residence
- The greater portion of the residence must be at least 5 years old.
- The value of such reconstruction, alteration or improvement must exceed the sum of $3000.
- For more information go to Real Property Tax Exemption for Capital Improvements to Residential Property