The Code Enforcement Office is responsible for enforcing the Codes of New York State and Chapters 125, 178, 182, 230 and 305 of the Municipal Code of the City of Auburn. Chapter 182 deals with the housing code for residential areas. Chapter 230 deals with property maintenance and includes residential, commercial and industrial properties.
The Code Enforcement Office is also responsible for issuing permits, answering complaints for housing code violations and work being done without permits, referring to and accepting applications for Zoning and Planning Boards, Certificate of Occupancy and Home Occupancy inspections.
DID YOU KNOW
- The Code Enforcement office now takes credit cards. There is a processing fee of $3 for anything less than $100 and 2.65% for anything over $100.
- You can submit your permit applications, forms, insurance, plans, etc. via email – firstname.lastname@example.org or through the mail or drop box at City Hall.
- Have Code questions feel free to contact us at 315-255-4111 or via email – email@example.com
- All of the Code Enforcement applications can be found on the Codes page at www.auburnny.gov/code-enforcement-office under applications and forms.
- Checks can be made payable to “City of Auburn”.