To encourage and ensure that every individual has an equal opportunity to participate in the economic, cultural, and intellectual life of the community regardless of disability, creed, race, gender, age, or national origin.
- To foster mutual respect and understanding among all racial, religious, and national groups within the community.
- To inquire into incidents of tension and conflict between, or among, various groups and to take actions to alleviate such tensions.
- To recommend and conduct educational programs to increase goodwill among members of the community.
- Human Rights services by appointment
- Legal Services by appointment
- Spanish Translator by appointment
- Answers to Human Rights questions.
- Investigations of alleged discrimination in employment, education, housing, religion, and public accommodation.
- Design and presentation of public education programs.
- Promoting greater understanding and respect among racial, ethnic, religious groups through education.
- Distribution of relevant literature.
Human Rights Commission Members
|Pastor Patrick Heery||Member|
|Gwendolyn M. Jones||Member|
|Rhoda Overstreet Wilson||Member|