Councilor James N. ‘Jimmy’ Giannettino, Jr. was born and raised in Auburn, New York. After graduating from high school he enlisted in the United States Air Force, served five years, and after being honorably discharged in 1998, decided to return to Auburn.
After returning to Auburn Councilor Giannettino went to work at Community Computer Service, Inc./MEDENT where he has been employed for the last 20 years; and is currently the assistant operations manager. He graduated from Columbia College of Missouri, Hancock Field Campus with a Bachelor’s Degree in History, and later from SUNY Oswego with a Master’s Degree in History. From 2008 - 2018 he was an Adjunct Professor of American History at his alma mater, Columbia College.
He has two children: Andrew, who is a junior at SUNY Oneonta, and Gracie, who is a junior at Auburn High School.
- Vice-President, Board of Trustees, Cayuga Museum of History and Art
- Board Member, Majorpalooza and organizer of the Catch Me if You Can 5k Race
- Board Member, Perform-4-Purpose
- Past Officer, S-K Post #1324 American Legion
- Volunteer basketball coach – CCYO
- Member of Mayor Carnicelli’s Youth Council
- Member of Harriet Tubman Downtown Memorial Committee
- Member of Downtown Revitalization Initiative Planning Committee (2016-2018)
- City Council Representative to the Historical and Cultural Sites Commission
|Board/Committee||Job title||Date Served - If Applicable||Membership Status|
|Department||Job title||Date Served - If Applicable|